http://recipearchive.sparklemarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Loaded-Cauliflower-Soup.jpg 317 843 sparkle http://recipearchive.sparklemarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/SM_Logo.png sparkle2020-01-14 14:04:272020-01-14 14:04:27Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
For a low-carb alternative to potato soup, make Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup, topped with crispy bacon, lots of cheese and fresh chives.
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled with 2 Tbsp. grease reserved
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese and chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spread florets evenly on two baking sheets. Drizzle with oil and toss with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Add reserved bacon grease to a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook an additional minute. Pour in wine and cook until mostly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked cauliflower, chicken broth, bay leaf and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Use an immersion blender to purée soup until smooth. Stir in heavy cream and serve topped with cheese, chives and crumbled bacon.