http://recipearchive.sparklemarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Ham-and-Cheese-Puffs.jpg 317 843 sparkle http://recipearchive.sparklemarkets.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/SM_Logo.png sparkle2020-01-21 14:18:122020-01-21 14:18:12Ham and Cheese Puffs
Looking for a new dinner recipe that the kids will like? Make Ham and Cheese Puffs, using diced ham, fresh spinach and prepared puff pastry dough.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lb. cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into 5 x 5-inch squares and place in refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt and let cook for 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in warm milk and bring to boil. Stir in pepper and nutmeg. Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 10 minutes, until thickened. Stir in ham, spinach and Parmesan cheese and let cook 1 minute. Set aside.
- Arrange puff pastry sheets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon 1 tablespoon of ham mixture on each and top with grated Swiss cheese. Fold all corners in and brush with egg wash. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes.